MOROCCO KASBAHS & DESERT
Part of our new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection, this trip features a smaller group size, private transportation, en-suite bathrooms, and a discounted rate for My Own Room. Perfect for travellers looking for a fast-paced trip, this short but sweet adventure offers up a great combination of Morocco’s must-see highlights and a little free time to explore on your own. Tour the dunes from atop a camel for an authentic way to experience the Sahara, explore high-walled kasbahs and wander the labyrinthine alleys of Fès and Marrakech, all allowing you to discover the history and rugged natural beauty of mysterious Morocco.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mhaya Village Community Lunch, Meknès
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Volubilis guided tour including visit to the Roman ruins
- Fès medina guided tour including artisans' quarter and Fès tannery
- Sunset camel ride in the desert
- Todra Gorge stay with walk through local villages
- Aït Ben Haddou kasbah tour
- Marrakech medina guided walk including Saadian Tombs, Bahia Palace, souks and Jemaa el-Fnaa square
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Hotels (7 nts)
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Allow USD220-290 for meals not included.
- Private air-conditioned van, camels.
Staff & experts
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, driver, local guides.
Arrive at any time.
Your Welcome Moment Meet Your CEO and Group
Enjoy a G Adventures-supported traditional lunch. Take a guided tour of the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis before continuing on to Fès.
Your G for Good Moment Mhaya Village Community Lunch
Breakfast | Lunch
Explore the labyrinth of streets within the famous Fès medina with a local guide. The Fès medina is the world’s largest living medieval medina and a UNESCO site. Explore the artisan quarters, sample treats from the carts, and view Fès' famous leather tannery from above. Enjoy free time this afternoon.
Drive south towards the desert and embark on a camel ride into the dunes to watch the sunset. Head back to your hotel for a night of entertainment under the stars.
Breakfast | Dinner
Day 5Merzouga/Todra Gorge
Rise early to watch the sunrise. After breakfast, continue through a stone desert to the stunning Todra Gorge. Wedged between massive cliff walls, the gorge is filled with a green oasis of palm trees. This serene spot is great for hiking, relaxing on the edge of the river or sampling some local Amazigh (also known as Berber) delicacies.
Day 6Todra Gorge/Aït Ben Haddou
Visit the Aït Ben Haddou Kasbah, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Opt to participate in a tagine cooking class for an intro to Moroccan cuisine.
Day 7Aït Ben Haddou/Marrakech
Head to Marrakech and take a guided medina visit. Opt to visit the Djemaa el Fna Square in the evening to see the gathering of musicians and street performers. Don't leave without indulging in a feast at the famous food stalls.
Depart at any time.